Farmer Credits are Australian Carbon Credit Units (ACCU) with environmental, social, and economic core benefits that support farmer-to-farmer knowledge sharing and learning.
The core benefits of investment in Farmer Credits include:
- Employment of local people,
- Local investment to support local businesses,
- Collaboration with Traditional Custodians to look after Country,
- Weed management, feral animal control, and/or fencing of threatened habitats, and
- Membership of Natural Resource Management body, Rural Fire Brigade, and/or community development organisations.
Read more about these core benefits as they relate to the Paroo River North Environmental Project here: